Created to assist Student Naval Aviators flying the T-6B Texan II in Naval Primary Flight Training, this application is more than just a regurgitation app. Users will find this app to be a powerful and comprehensive educational tool that utilizes the principles of learning throughout its content. Areas covered include:
- Nearly 2,800 smartcards in 20 different card decks (CAI, Ops Limits, Systems)
- 2 unique ways to study: Traditional flip card format or new split card format
- Warnings, Cautions, and Notes seamlessly integrated into all card sections
- Encapsulated pictures to engage the user in a visual learning experience
- Built-in card reader can read cards to the user
- Separate Study Deck allows user to mark and review any card for further review
- Videos of all abnormal starts, scripted with indications and corrective actions
- Brief on critical engine malfunctions in flight and quick reference diagram for i.d. techniques
- Videos of all engine malfunctions, scripted with indications and corrective actions
- Expanded Critical Action Items with integrated Warnings, Cautions, and Notes
- Individual briefs to learn and review each aircraft system
- Quick reference diagrams of all the major aircraft systems
- Videos of all aircraft starts sampled at 10 times per second for realistic and precise playback
- Integrated start scripts in videos to help link checklist procedures
- Ops Limits Quiz for all limitations
- Innovative Critical Action Items Testing that applies 4 different learning factors
- Abnormal Start Video Quiz that randomizes starts and checks the ability to identify each
- Engine Malfunction Video Quiz allowing the user to validate their identification abilities
- Statistical tracking and feedback to highlight improvement areas
Simple yet engaging! The home page has an easily expandable and retractable menu from which to navigate through the application. It also allows for easy access to various application settings through the use of the gear icon in the upper right part of the screen.
Going beyond just a starting point, the page also contains various animations activated during app use and additional learning information provided to the user.
Flashcards...A cornerstone in learning! Over 2,800 flashcards included. From the Flashcards home page menu you can quickly access the Ops Limits or Critical Action Items decks. If more in-depth systems decks are desired, the "All Decks" selection allows you to navigate to the main deck screen where you can select any variety of card decks.
Cards can be used in the traditional card format with a flip function or as a split card where all information is contained on one side. The learning style is up to you! Cards include pictures for visual learning as well as applicable Warnings, Cautions, and Notes. To advance from card to card, simply swipe left or right. Simple navigation controls are located at the top and bottom of the cards. As a key design feature, the app remembers where you were in the deck should you need to leave and then return for further study.
Basic aircraft knowledge is essential! The app contains a systems section that not only will help you learn about the various aircraft systems but also provides for an easy, quick reference when needed. Containing updated systems briefs and diagrams, this section is built to help you glean an understanding and application of the T-6B basic systems and set a foundation for your future learning.
Also incorporated in this section are videos of all the possible engine starts to help you learn the procedures and scans required during a typical aircraft start. Each video utilizes a fully functional and interactive EICAS display to immerse you in a realistic scenario. All the videos are scripted with checklist procedures to assist in your learning by connecting the checklist to each start.
Be prepared for when the time comes! This app ensures that an excellent systems section is bolstered by a solid EP section. Packed with various learning materials, this sections is sure to grab your attention and not only raise the level of your EP knowledge but also foster the practical application required to succeed.
This section engages you through use of EICAS videos to help you identify and resolve the numerous start and engine malfunctions that can occur. It also incorporates an expanded Critical Action Items section to provide both a study and a quick reference knowledge source. All of the expanded topics are formatted for ease of learning and reading and have the applicable Warnings, Cautions, and Notes included.
Identify the weak areas! To round off the application, we have filled it with several ways to test or quiz your knowledge. Built with feedback in mind, the testing section not only aims to provide a challenge to your studies but also includes statistical data of your results so you can pinpoint your weak areas.
Start off easy and test your knowledge with a quiz over all of the aircraft's operational limits. How well do you think you would do? If that's not enough, move on to a unique Critical Action Items quiz that will test your abilities through numerous levels of difficulty. You can always finish up with practical application testing through the use of the EICAS video randomizer. This simple but effective quiz determines if you can properly identify the various start or engine malfunctions. We wish you the best of luck...